DATA POLICY – Revised: 3/27/2023
Pagos Solutions, Inc. (“Pagos”) believes that protecting Our customer data is important. We employ industry standard protections to ensure that Your data is maintained in a safe and trustworthy environment and utilize de-identification or anonymization of Your data in providing You certain Services. We understand the importance of safeguarding Your data, which is why we have implemented the necessary controls to provide the industry standard security for Our users and customers. The following is an overview of the main areas of our privacy and security protocols.
- GDPR compliance: Our third-party providers are compliant with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation. Pagos does not normally process, store or obtain any consumer private identifying information in a readily readable format except where needed for the processing of the selected services. Personal data is always encrypted.
- Credit cards and other sensitive payment instrument identifiers: Pagos does not process any credit card details or bank account details belonging to You or Your Users. Your Customers’ card details, if any, are stored in a PCI compliant data vault.
- Passwords: Your password is encrypted and never stored in Our database in a readable/unencrypted format. You are responsible for choosing a strong password and keeping it secret.
- Subject to the limitations of liability provisions in the Pagos Service Agreement and rights to seek indemnification by Pagos, Pagos acknowledges its responsibility to secure cardholder data to the limited extent if Pagos stores, processes, or transmits any such information or data or to the extent that such data could impact the cardholder’s data environment.
- Pagos briefly retains the customer data it collects for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, subject to reasonable legal limitation periods, statutory or regulatory retention requirements and legitimate business requirements, and may irreversibly de-identify or anonymize any Personal Information or private information as may be required by Pagos.
- Pagos will use reasonable efforts to ensure that customer data which is no longer required will be disposed of or destroyed in a secure manner.
Our teams are made up of people who are seasoned payment industry persons who have built highly-secure enterprise applications at companies of varying sizes, from startups to large public companies. At Pagos, all new hires, regardless of role, are trained on up-to-date security policies and industry standards.
Your data is your property. Your personal information will never be sold or shared when you sign up for our blogs, or marketing content and you can unsubscribe at any time.
If you create user accounts, the personal data for You and that of the users you invite will not be sold or shared. All personally identifiable data is encrypted and stored securely.
We will only access Your Pagos account with Your permission, in the case of suspicious account activity or if We suspect the Pagos terms of service are being violated.
CHANGES TO THIS DATA POLICY
This Data Policy is effective as of the last updated date stated at the top of this Data Policy. We may change this Data Policy from time to time with or without notice to you. By accessing the Services after we make any such changes to this Data Policy, you are deemed to have accepted such changes. Please be aware that, to the extent permitted by applicable law, Our use of the information collected is governed by the Data Policy in effect at the time We collect the information. Please refer back to this Data Policy on a regular basis.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If You have questions about this Data Policy, please e-mail us at “firstname.lastname@example.org” with “Data Policy” in the subject line.