Introducing Parrot Batch: Your Best Bet for Large-scale BIN Data
Last summer, we introduced you to Parrot, an easy-to-use API that allows you to retrieve detailed bank and market information for a particular BIN. Now, we’re excited to announce the launch of Parrot Batch, an in-house, file-based alternative to requesting directly from our database. This capability is especially beneficial when response times are very sensitive, and for companies who do a large number of record updates per month or already have a large customer database with stale BIN information.
How Parrot Batch Scales Your BIN Analysis
Parrot Batch is a file-based product that allows for bulk BIN requests and information retrieval. If your BIN data needs exceed the limits of an API, you can use Parrot Batch to efficiently retrieve BIN bank and market details via a file you add into your local database—thereby integrating BIN data with any bank or customer analysis you conduct.
Here’s how Parrot Batch works:
- After activating your Pagos subscription, you send Pagos a flat file with all the BINs you want updated information for. Because the Pagos system is network agnostic, you can send us BIN requests for any network through one process.
- Pagos returns an encrypted file with bank and market information for every BIN you requested. We receive weekly updates from all networks, so you never have to worry about stale BIN data again.
- You decrypt the bulk BIN data and add this file into your database. Now you have a local copy of the most up-to-date BIN information.
- Repeat the process as often as you need new BIN data. Keep in mind: BIN data isn’t stagnant. To conduct the most reliable analysis on transaction failures, real time transaction logic, and workflow management, update your BIN data at least once every two weeks.
Why Choose Parrot Batch?
Parrot Batch is the best solution for your large-scale BIN data needs, with all the same benefits of the API-based Parrot product.
With Parrot and Parrot Batch, you get:
- A single, no-code process to access Visa, MasterCard, and AMEX data in real time
- The highest quality and most recent BIN data, updated once a week across all supported networks
- The most important details, including IIN number details, network, card type, prepaid indicator, country details, and issuer details
- The option to opt into more sophisticated data, including Durbin, SCA regulation, and interchange regulated
With Parrot Batch, you have the added benefit of storing BIN data securely in your own database.
Are You Ready to Get Started?
Keeping your BIN data up-to-date is no small feat. Let Parrot Batch expedite data sourcing so that you can invest your time in getting the most out of your BIN data. If you’re ready to join the Pagos community and discuss how Parrot Batch can serve your needs, contact us today!